The Purchasing Supervisor will be responsible for managing and overseeing all purchasing activities for a plumbing company. This includes managing a team of purchasing professionals, negotiating contracts and deals with suppliers, analyzing market trends, and ensuring the timely and cost-effective acquisition of high-quality products.
- Manage a team of purchasing professionals and ensure the efficient and effective execution of purchasing activities.
- Negotiate contracts and deals with suppliers to ensure the best possible prices and delivery times.
- Analyze market trends to identify new products and suppliers and stay up-to-date with industry developments.
- Ensure the timely and cost-effective acquisition of high-quality products and materials.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as engineering, operations, and finance to understand their needs and requirements.
- Maintain supplier relationships and resolve any issues or disputes that arise.
- Analyze and interpret data to make informed purchasing decisions and improve processes.
- Ensure compliance with purchasing laws and regulations and company policies.
- Attend industry events and trade shows to build relationships with suppliers and stay informed about industry developments.
- Provide training and support to team members to help them develop their skills and achieve their goals.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business administration, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in purchasing or procurement, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of plumbing industry, products, and suppliers.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to maintain supplier relationships and negotiate contracts.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and market trends.
- Knowledge of purchasing laws and regulations.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with suppliers or attend industry events.